Friday, September 3, 2010

Artistry

OMG this is my first posting. So here I go (please excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes)

So if you wanna be a performing artist please know that its  hustle. Growing up I studied dance and took class all the time, but I was so scared to say I wanted to be a dancer when i grew up. I think because people would always associate it with struggling. So I went to college and studied other things, but I never stopped dancing. Took a job in corporate america making some GOOD money, but gave it all up to follow my dreams and do what i wanna do. JUST TAP!

Now I work for one of the largest dance orgs in Washington, DC creating opportunities for youth, I started my own tap company called Just Tap, I perform with a West African drum and dance company called Farafina Kan, I just finished writing my very first children's book (coming at cha soon).

I think I started this blog just to tell my story and i hope you enjoy reading it. Maybe I'll even post some tap videos, well if i can figure out how to do it.

Just Tap

No comments:

Post a Comment