Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Creation, Afro- Rhythm in progress

8 weeks and counting. I'm creating a show titled SOLE Defined for the Intersections Festival: A New America Arts Festival. I'm really putting my heart out on the stage with this show. Defining my Sole musically. There's not one genre of music that defines my sole as a tap dancer. No matter if its jazz, blues, latin jazz, house, reggae, it doesn't matter. My sole starts with the drum.

Creating this show has been a growing experience for me. Right now my company Just Tap is working on a Afro-Rhythm piece. The tap dance takes the rhythm of West African drums and plays it through the sole of the tap dancer. YES! This dance is going to be HOT! Have you ever heard an African drum orchestra. Aww man its amazing. you have no choice but to move your body when you hear it. When we do this dance my goal is to make the music a part of our entire body. Following out of every limb. So much so that the audience has no choice but to rock to it. Moving to the groove. Ha! Here's a little bit of what we have



To check it out come to see Just Tap, SOLE Defined on March 11th at 2pm, Intersections Festival. Get your tickets at www.intersectiondc.org

Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment