Monday, November 7, 2011

Opportunities WOAH!

Over the past couple months my life has been buzzing with opportunities and I'm so excited to share with you. I am now officially a self published author. My first children's book "Lucky's Tap Dancing Feet" is now available for purchase through my website, www.quynnjohnson.com. This is such a dream come true. Since its arrival I have presenting Lucky at Dance Dimensions, Hunter Woods Elementary School, and Tapology Festival for Youth. The feedback has been amazing. next up, national book tour... hopefully.

I've recently returned from the Tapology Festival for Youth in Flint, Michigan. It feels good to share with the youth in Flint. This is the place where my dreams were first founded so coming back to encourage others to grab their dreams is always great. I must admit I was nervous about how my classes would turn out since I'm more known for Tap dancing at home, but I was blown away by how many people came took class.

Right after I got off the plane it was time to go into rehearsals with The Washington Ballet for their production "The Great Gatsby" at The Kennedy Center. Performing at The Kennedy Center has been a major goal of mine so an opportunity like this, I was all in. Opening night and my nerves are a mess. I'm all over the place emotionally, so scared I almost ran back home. One of the biggest moments of my life and I'm so nervous I could throw up. Imagine performing a solo in a female tuxedo complete with top hat, patent leather heel tap shoes, and white gloves. My solo took place on top of a raised platform (umm I'm afraid of heights). Once again I wanted to run back to the dressing room and lock the door. 7 shows later the crowd and company loves my performance and I can stop holding my breath.

I've spent most of my life preparing for these moments and opportunities so when they finally come, I had to be able to deliver. So what's up next? Creating a full length performance for the Kennedy Center Millennium Stage and Intersections Festival "A New America" 2012

What moments are you preparing for?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment