Saturday, December 4, 2010

International Festival de Cajon in Lima, Peru

I started editing some footage from my tour of peru in 2009. i now have a great computer where I can edit footage and clips and such. I traveled to Peru for the International Festival de Cajon in Lima, Peru. The festival was created by Senor Rafael Santa Cruiz. He's awesome. I think of him as my Tio Rafael sometimes. While there I collaborated on a show with Colectivo Palenke great group of young musicians and dancers who are keeping the traditions of the Afro-Peruvian community alive. The people in Peru were wonderful. Very welcoming and helpful. The food was amazing. I've never tasted such fresh food. I mean strawberry juice that tastes like real strawberries.

The artist for the festival were all maestros or masters of their art form. Check out the clip of me performing with Colectivo Palenke on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc-7paiEpjM

This was my first time touring a country as a professional performing artist. It was amazing. The culture, the food, the music, I fell in love with Peru. Check out some of my pics













No comments:

Post a Comment